BARWON HEADS ROAD ROAD CLOSURE
17 June to 10 July 2022 – Delays expected
Route 40, 50, 51, 55 Diversions
As part of the major works on the Barwon Heads Duplication project, the Barwon Heads and Breakwater Rd intersection will be fully closed 24/7 from 6pm Friday 17th June and will re-open at 6am on Monday 11th July.
Traffic will only be able to pass between the Breakwater Bridge, and Barwon Heads Rd South in both directions.
There may be delays of up to 20 minutes during the course of the roadworks. Please allow this when planning your trip.
Please see the map below for detours:
- Route 40 – Geelong to Deakin via Breakwater will divert via Breakwater Rd, Barwon Heads Rd, Barwarre Rd, Marshalltown Rd as shown by the blue lines in the map below. Route 40 will service stops along Barwarre Rd. Please note this service runs weekdays only, and times will be different to Route 50 and 51. Please check the route 40 timetable for more information.
- Please note Route 40 will not be able to service Francis St, Roslyn Rd, Evans St, Spring St or Oberon Primary School stops during the roadworks.
- Route 50/51 will divert via Settlement Rd, Surfcoast Hwy and Marshalltown Rd. No bus stops will be serviced on Barwon Heads Rd north of Marshalltown Rd or on Barwarre Rd as shown by the green line in the map below. Route 40 will service Barwarre Rd on weekdays only. Please see Route 40 timetable for more information.
- Marshall Station is serviced as normal.
- As Breakwater Rd is a major access road from our depot to school and public services it is expected there will be delays across the network for some time for the duration of the roadworks.